Saturday 1 June 2019

MY SCHOOL TRIP TO MALTA


Last April I went on a school trip to Malta. There was my class, three other classes and three teachers.  We left Subiaco on 6 April and we arrived at Fiumicino Airport in the early afternoon. Everybody was very excited! Our plane took off at 4.40 pm. The flight was short and I spent the time watching out of the window!  I really love flying!
We arrived at 6.10 pm and, after collecting our luggage, we took a coach to the Topaz Hotel.

Immagine correlata

Our hotel was in Bugibba; it was huge, I liked it, but there were too many stairs! I shared my room with my friends  Benedetta and Lucrezia, it was beautiful and comfortable with a big terrace. Unfortunately I didn't like the food in the hotel's restaurant, so I ate at McDonald's the whole week. I know, I am one of those people who always miss Italian food when they are abroad!
Every morning we went to IELS School in Sliema, a little city by the sea, near Valletta; we had English lessons until 12.00 pm; I must say lessons were very enjoyable and I liked the teachers there, they were kind and professional.
After having lunch, we went sightseeing: we visited beautiful places such as Valletta, Mdina and Rabat, St Julian's and Riviera Bay.
Valletta is Malta's lively capital city, it's full of shops, cafés and restaurants, it has lots of churches, old buildings with coloured balconies and picturesque narrow alleys. I loved the Upper Barakka Gardens which overlook the Grand Harbour because from their terrace there is a great panoramic view of the island.



Immagine correlata

Risultati immagini per malta valletta upper barrakka gardens

Immagine correlata

When we went to Riviera Bay we had lots of fun on the golden beach: it was hot and sunny, the sea was marvellous, we swam, we played beach volley, we sang our favourite songs and we had delicious ice-cream. It was such a relaxing afternoon! 

Risultati immagini per malta Riviera Bay Beach

In the evening we usually went for a walk in Bugibba or we took a bus to get to St Julian's which is full of cafés, restaurants and nightclubs ... we really loved that city bustling with young people!
On the last evening we had an exciting treasure hunt in Mdina. It was fascinating to walk along the narrow streets of  "the silent city"! I was very happy and my team won the game!

Immagine correlata

Immagine correlata

We flew back home on 12 April and we arrived at Subiaco at 11.15 pm. Actually, I didn't want to leave Malta because I really enjoyed myself there. It was a fantastic experience: I had fun, I improved my English of course and I learned tons of new things. I will remember  this school trip forever and I think I will fly back to sunshiny Malta sooner or later!

Irene Panzini, 3^C Liceo Linguistico

No comments:

Post a Comment